[Openicc] Re: Monitor color calibration / profie

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Feb 18 00:14:05 PST 2007

Am 17.02.07, 21:52 -0800 schrieb Lars Borg:

> In case you can't profile the display, can you get access to the EDID info?
>
> Lars

Yes, EDID is available and I have available as well Nvidias hidden multi
monitor EDID infos. A C API for accessing the ICC profile in X and a
recommendation for harware vendors is included in the Oyranos project.

EDID:
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Oyranos_X11_Requirements
ICC in X 0.2:
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=ICC_Profiles_in_X_Specification_0.2
Oyranos:
http://www.oyranos.org
Oyranos latest sources including a implementation of above stuff:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oyranos

What is needed, are more applications to use Oyranos and bring it to a
mature state. I am currently working on support for and test on as many
platforms I can reach. I would be glad to see Adobe using Oyranos API's
and you have any benefit from it. We can discuss issues and work on
making it flawless and enshuring its robustness.

I have delayed all other projects for a while to continue with Oyranos and
create more Linux colour management basics.

development for color management
www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org