[Openicc] measurement device API

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Mar 8 02:56:30 PST 2007

Am 08.03.07, 12:36 +0300 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:

> On 3/8/07, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > What about a measurement device API for a GSoC project?
> >
> > Each application with measurement capabilities uses its own driver API,
> > which is a waste of resources.
> > Measurement applications could use a standard API as it is common
> > practice for other devices. This API does not yet exist.
> >

> > A API for something like asking for adapted devices, select and run
> > mesurements with a device could be created. A license compatibility
> > module
> > must be included to avoid GPL - closed source and similiar conflicts.
> > Is someone interessted to work as a mentor?
>
> What project should send such an application?

OpenICC of course, thats why I sent it here.

> What license would you pick?

Preferedly as on the GSoC site stated:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIccForGoogleSoC2007

> Who will be mentoring the project?
>
> Who will be organization administrator and backup organization administrator?

Is'nt the question already about organising?
If you mean you miss a positive signal: I could provide backup.

Possibly I did not quite get the sense of your mail?

regards
development for color management
www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org