[Openicc] monitor profiling

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:08:31 PST 2007

No, of course I didn't calibrate his monitor. He didn't want his
monitor calibrated. He didn't care what his images looked like at all.
HE DIDNT WANT IT CALIBRATED. He was just interested in demoing his
user interface, computations, and multi-spectral imagery. He was a
wonderful programmer, one of the best I've ever seen, but his imagery
was totally unrelated to reality, although it was supposed to describe
it "better".

He was doing this demo to people who have trained eyes. Don't you get it ?
HE WAS A COMPUTER GUY. Calibration could be done, it's a solved
problem, so why do it ?Only idiots care what images actually look
like.

Edmund