CMM support (Was: Re: [Openicc] google SoC starts)

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Thu Mar 15 19:19:24 PDT 2007

Graeme Gill wrote:
> [Under most copyright law, even "mere aggregation" forms
>  a derived collective work, and only the explicit exception
>  in the GPL permits such things.]

Sorry, I should clarify that for something to be regarded
as a collective work it must contain sufficient expressiveness
in the selection and arrangement of its component parts, but
can be created by aggregation of these parts. I think that
the fact that a plugin is compatible with the application and
adds a level of functionality, meets this criteria (they are not
randomly chosen and unconnected).