[Openicc] maximum colour conformity

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Fri Apr 13 17:22:53 PDT 2007

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> with respect to the many users, which have no idea about colour
> management, the system level colour management system Oyranos comes with a
> default for maximum conformity. This selectable policy is one among others
> and is called the Home+Office policy.

I don't follow you. If a file has a tag, it should be honoured. The
application certainly shouldn't convert the colorspace without
an explicit command from the user (ie. it should be opened,
edited and saved in the tag colorspace by default).

If the file has no tag, then it's mystery meat, and the
policy/application/user can deal with it in whatever way they
choose.