[Openicc] ICC Profiles In X Specification

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 14:36:04 PDT 2007

Am 05.10.07, 23:14 +0200 schrieb Sven Neumann:
> On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 22:58 +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
> > > The spec suggests that the _ICC_PROFILE atom is set on the root window
> > > of the default (first) screen. It also says that for root windows
> >
> > The spec says nothing about a default screen.
>
> This sentence is copied from the spec.

Ah, I see. Ross has this in his version. Sorry for my ignorance.

> The usual term for what you call a Xinerama screen is "monitor", at

Monitor is for my taste ambiguos, as it is not clear whether a physical
monitor is talked about or a Xinerama or Gtk one. It is easy to setup a
configuration where one Xinerama screen spanns two physical monitors. This
is then a Single Logical Screen (SLS) ;-)

> least in GDK terminology. The spec is unclear about the way that those
> monitors are enumerated. I interpreted it to start with index 1 for the
> primary monitor.

The numeration follows the one in Xorg starting with zero.

www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org