[Openicc] ICC Profiles In X Specification

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 14:53:58 PDT 2007

Am 05.10.07, 23:37 +0200 schrieb Sven Neumann:
> On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 23:36 +0200, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > Monitor is for my taste ambiguos, as it is not clear whether a physical
> > monitor is talked about or a Xinerama or Gtk one.

> GDK, speaks about displays, screens and monitors. A display may have
> multiple screens. A screen may have multiple monitors.

The difference about Xinerama screens and monitors is that, Xinerama must
not at all know about each monitors. Even so it would be desireable.

It would be nice if we could say, when a Xinerama screen is not available
per monitor then this is a bug.
I am not shure whether Randr is more clear about this terminology.

www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org + www.cinepaint.org