[Openicc] out of gamut

David Burren david at burren.cx
Sun Oct 7 07:38:31 PDT 2007

On 07/10/2007, at 8:10 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:

> The arguments for using a neutral gray are more compelling to me
> and it also seems to be what Photoshop is using. I have now changed
> the color in GIMP to #808080.

Just so long as the user can change it when they need to (as we can
do in Photoshop via the "Transparency and Gamut" preference pane).
Grey as a gamut warning doesn't suit some images, and the user needs
to be able to choose a different colour when necessary.  But it's a
reasonable default.

Cheers
__
David