[Openicc] ICC Profiles In X Specification

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Nov 16 09:16:46 PST 2007

On Thursday 15 November 2007 23:42:36 Jon A. Cruz wrote:
> (I'm not familiar with current Qt code on this front. However it
> seems like it might hide the "X11 Screen" concept and just expose
> "monitors" directly but call them "screens"... then again their docs
> might be just  a little misleading).

This correct.  In LProf we pass the "screen" which is returned by the
QDesktopWidget::screenNumber(..) call to the code that works with the video
card gamma tables.  This Qt fuction is passed the global coordinates of
something that is on the physical device we want to calibrate and the
returned value is used directly without any manipulation to work with the
physical device using X11 calls to get and update the video card gamma table.
For Windows and OS/X this Qt call does not return a handle to the physical
device and instead it appears to return a handle to the logical display.

One caviot is that Qt must be built with the Qt xinerama functionality enabled
to work correctly otherwise it only sees one "screen" even if there is more
than one.

Hal