[Openicc] New options on the mainline

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jan 20 10:58:15 PST 2008

   Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 19:30:00 +0100 (CET)
   From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de>

   About exporting the current calibrations: from the previous post
   I'd guess most parts are already somehow available through a
   interface. How much work would it be to make a small tool to export
   the Uncorrected curves to something readable? I could help on
   transforming say integer or double arrays to the above mentioned DL
   profiles inside such a tool. With the tool, I'd guess, the
   Uncorrected mode is not that much desired to keep stable across
   releases. Uncorrected still remains as a good starting calibration.
   The created DL profiles would not at all know about device
   states. So this part remains open. I would later connect this as
   well, i.e. make the DL knowing about the Gutenprint options.

Right now there's no straightforward way to extract those curves --
they're not generated until very late in the initialization process,
and the GCR curves are computed in a different module from the other
color curves.  But it would be worthwhile to figure out how to do
this.

The format I would dump them out in would be either the Gutenprint XML
curve format, or as a dump of the internal lookup table structure
(probably just the curves), which itself would contain a collection of
curves.  But I'm open to other suggestions.