[Openicc] List Scope

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 30 01:42:20 PST 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> The stuff walking from ICC Examin in to Oyranos is very pragmatically
> selected, like profile analysis and creation. Unfortunedly the requested
> OpenGL widget is a bit close interwoven with the remainder of the
> application. It deploys a FLTK derived class design. I will put an eye on
> sorting out dependencies and C++ specifics.

I don't think anyone using Qt, would mind on depending on C++ ;) If it's based
on OpenGL, then the rendering part should be "simple" to embedd in different
toolkit, Qt (and most likely GTK) offers a GL widget, then providing a
function to call for each OpenGL redisplay call.

> > Gtk widgets that were rapped around that functionality.  This would allow
> > the iccexamin developers to focus on the internals while at the same time
> > making sure that the UI work related to this was handled by people that
> > specialize in each particular widget set (IE. Qt, Gtk, Fltk...).   Longer
> > term I would like to replace or augment the ProfileChecker in LProf with
> > iccexamine functionality.  So this is on my list of things to do.  If
> > this were included in a common Qt CM widget set then this would perhaps
> > happen sooner.
>
> Beside a gamut hull display, would'nt it make sense to keep the
> remainder in one core project? I am not shure how much work it would be to
> wrap a application like ICC Examin into several toolkit cloats.
Well that's clearly how I see it :
oyranos => library for CM settings
libcmwidgetcore => toolkit independent base for creating CM widgets
libcmqt => Qt Widgets
libcmgtk => Gtk Widgets
libcm... => ... Widgets

--