[Openicc] List Scope

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Wed Jan 30 12:10:22 PST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 14:47 -0500, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> At that point I don't think it is anyone's benefit to NOT use C++
> because some people still don't like it. The good thing with C++ is that
> it is easy to make a C API for those still stuck in the past, and that's
> all they need.

On the risk of getting into a language flame war here. But no matter
what you think about C vs. C++, claiming that C++ would be the future
clearly shows that it is you who is stuck in the past.

Anyway. What this list should focus on is creating standards for color
management terminology and for user settings related to color
management. We also need human interface guidelines that help
application developers to create user interfaces for color management
that just work and that the user feel comfortable with, no matter what
toolkit the application uses.

As long as that hasn't happened, I don't see much point in sharing code.
And as soon as this has happened, we will have a good idea of what
common widgets are needed and can push them to the toolkits. That's IMO
the only reasonable way to share code at the user interface level.

Sven