[Openicc] Drop size calibration

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Mon Feb 4 07:58:44 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 16:15 +0100, edmund ronald wrote:
>  My impression is that Barbieri would be ready to support the OS
> developers with measurement hardware if a solution can be found for
> the drivers which satisfies both them, their clients and the OS
> community.

Which mean, for the community, that the driver be released under a Free
Software license, and if any firmware has to be uploaded to the device,
said firmware MUST be available for redistribution under terms that are
compatible with distributing Free Software. [1]

Hub

[1] it is often acknowledged that the binary firmware, which runs on the
device is not part of the driver but of the device. But preventing the
distribution of it just cause problem for users that are required to
install it by themselves. A click-through license is not compatible with
the requirement either. Take example on Intel policy with the iwl3945
driver for their wireless card.