[Openicc] Dynamic options for Oyranos

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Feb 14 02:52:30 PST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> o exchange against a CMM framework to support as well floating points
>   or fork lcms
Why fork ? Does Marti Maria refuse patches ?

> Now some technical questions:
> My guess id, we would like to see a mapping of the Oyranos options to the
> command line, various toolkits and probably HTML. This means creating,
> rendering, updating and interpreting of options.
> Choices, sliders, boolean buttons (check box), frames for layouting and
> probably a drawing based widget would provide enough.
> The logical widgets must be easily to read and write by CMM's.
>
> Predecessors, which came to my mind, where:
> o Steinbergs VST
> o Mozilla's XUL
> o SuSE's Yast mapps its GUI to ncurses and Qt
> Are there other projects to look at?
Yast is everything but a dynamic UI. So maybe we had a misunderstanding on the
word "dynamic", for me "dynamic" means some programs/library/CMM says : "hey,
I have a couple of properties (integer, multiple-choice), show them as
option" (it's what you see in regedit.exe or Gconf-editor) and what I don't
want to see.
Yast configuration paged are written and designed by an human.
Which leads to a question, why not reusing YaST ? You mentioned the "binding"
to ncurses and Qt, there is also GTK, all is missing is FLTK.

--
Cyrille Berger