[Openicc] License for redistributable profiles

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sat Mar 1 09:43:13 PST 2008

I never paid any attention to Creative Commons before but now you have
brought my attention to it by discussing it on the list.  This is a
very strange organization which seems to be much better funded than
the FSF.  Huge amounts of money are being pumped into this
organization which claims to somehow serve a special purpose.  When I
look at the people behind the organization
(http://creativecommons.org/about/people/) I see that I have heard of
none of them before.  Not even a single member of the open source
community to be found or anyone who seems to have contributed anything
at all.

Why do you care about Creative Commons?

What ever happened to the positive influence of
http://www.opensource.org/?

Bob