[Openicc] diagramming status

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 07:06:48 PST 2008

Hello,

Am 04.03.08, 14:21 +0100 schrieb C. Boemann:
> Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time understanding what is needed for
> a colormanaged workflow on *nix and what parts are implemented already.
>
> maybe we could create a diagram with the various apps,libs,config files,
> printer drivers, X etc

Agreed.

> Then we could put red marks on the stuff that is still not implemented so we
> know what to deal with.

Hmm, I have the feeling the picture is emerging with implementations and
discussions. A point by point TODO list would mean a complete different
approach of development. Part of this different approach would be the need
of even more discussions to cover more of the tasks complexity.

There exist some older and partitial outdated documents. And for instance
the ICC spec has some nice diagramms.

Some partial chaotic but highly speculative pages are below:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc#head-603f006f069fc0816b95ecbfa71025763cb38271
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page (top right)
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=FeatureWish#Todo

Someone with muse to sort and better formulate would be very helpful.

I am assuming sites like the following are of less speculative value:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_colour_management

> That would also help us in deciding for the gSoC projects.
>
> I think oryanos does something, but I have a really hard time undestanding
> what. Its homepage is not very informative in the "what does it do" / intro
> depeartment.

http://www.oyranos.org/#features

Otherwise I took your suggestion and modified the #about section. Let me
know if you think it needs further clarifications.