[Openicc] OpenICC Google Summer of Code 2008 projects.

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Mon Apr 21 16:39:38 PDT 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008 15:45:36 Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:19 -0700, Hal V. Engel wrote:
> > 1. KDE Control Panel for Color Management - Joseph Simon III with Jon
> > A. Cruz
> > as primary mentor.  I will also be available to help mentor this
> > project but
> > at this point I think we are also looking for someone to help mentor
> > KDE
> > specific aspects of this project.  Anyone interested?
>
> That lead to the question: wouldn't it be possible to have a common part
> so that implementing a GNOME version is relatively easy?
> (It is out of the SoC scope when it comes to implementing it, but
> thinking about it in the design would be great).
>
> Hub

I think that is the direction.  There will be a common library, probably based
on Oryanos and iccexamin, and a KDE specific front end.  That way someone
could build a GTK front end for GNOME without too much difficulty.  The basic
idea of the project is to get this working for one of the DE's so that the
others could leverage it.  But we would also like to have a KDE mentor to
make sure that what comes out of the project has a real chance of becoming
part of KDE.

Hal