[Openicc] Profile installation and association for Linux/Unix/X11

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Mon Apr 21 22:47:38 PDT 2008

Hal V. Engel wrote:

> per xserver that can change at runtime).  Clearly the xserver is what knows about the devices
> although it is my understanding that with RandR 1.2 user mode apps can somehow register to
> receive notifications of changes to the display configuration so it should be possible to handle
> this from a user mode app with no additional code in xorg.  But I may be wrong about how these
> notifications work.  Anyone know more about this?

Yes, it's quite possible to write a user mode program to react to RandR 1.2
changes, including loading the correct profile into the appropriate property.
I'm contemplating doing so for the next Argyll release. I just need
to figure out where to copy profiles to, and how to store the association
information.