[Openicc] CxF and open source (non?) compatibility

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue May 13 05:55:08 PDT 2008

Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Not with the GPLv3. If you obtain a patent license for GPLv3 source
> code, and redistribute said GPLv3, the patent MUST come with it.

I'd imagine though that the patent claim only applies to the USA
(were there any references to non US based patents ?).

Mind you, I'm not sure why anyone would really want to use CxF.
Compare for instance E1200408.Q60 to e1200408.cxf. It seems to
exemplify an inappropriate application of XML - bulky, cumbersome for
machines to parse, and unreadable to humans.