[Openicc] CxF and open source (non?) compatibility

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue May 13 21:52:26 PDT 2008

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> Unless there is desire to sell the product to the world's biggest
> consumer (the USA).  You aren't going to have much luck shipping
> products which violate US patents to the USA.  You could ship them to
> the Australian outback instead, but there is usually not much to be
> earned from that unless you are selling barrels of water.

If the current state of the US patent system is such that
the latest and best technology isn't available there, then
perhaps this might be some added motivation to reform
that system. Why should I ship to outback Australia first,
when there are a few people living in places like Europe, Japan,
Asia, and many other countries ?