[Openicc] GSoC mentors payments usage

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 22:35:53 PDT 2008

Hello,

as it was pointed out the last years salary was not used for anything
because of formality burden. My guess is the situation did not change.

Costs we could be:
* hardware, like measurement devices, electronic, targets ...
* running costs, like internet server and domain fees
* ICC membership fees, e.g. I rejected my WG membership because of the fee
* there is always something ...
* or simply for paying the mentors (mine can go to something of the above)

In order to not let pass the payments, I could imagine several options.
How this could happen:
* directly sent the transfere to a person of trust and use the difference
  of income minus tax and other stuff for possible expenses
  simple but not very transparent
* give to a trusted organisation and call the money from there if needed
* transfere to a organisation of joice just to let the money not run away
  (KDE, Qt/Nokia ;-) Gnome, fd.o?, FSF ...); works always
* start a own tax free organisation :-(

Hope we are not too late at all.