[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: Re: OT: PDF frustration

Ralph Giles ralph.giles at artifex.com
Mon Oct 6 23:16:32 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Hal V. Engel <hvengel at astound.net> wrote:

>           I think that the spec also allows for there to be a single ICC
> profile (or other color space type) that is specified for the PDF file for all
> of it's contents

It's possible in PDF to provide a 'default' profile that describes the
colour space used by Grayscale, RGB and CMYK colours that aren't
otherwise declared to be in a particular colour space. It's a fallback
and doesn't override any object-specific profiles the producer might
have included, but a producer can choose to use it for all the objects
it writes.

 -r