[Openicc] Oyranos default profiles

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Oct 13 05:18:51 PDT 2008

Hello,

one reason not to release Oyranos in the last months was my goal to
provide a set of default profiles, which comply with their license better
to some Linux distributions. I have talked to some vendors and got to
nowhere about certain license changes (CC-BY).

I found Argyll has since spring greatly improved and want to build a
profile set without the past restrictions.

The set might include (characterisation, old name, new name):
FOGRA39L.txt - ISOcoated              -> coated FOGRA39L argl
FOGRA29L.txt - ISOuncoated            -> uncoated FOGRA29L argl
FOGRA30L.txt - ISOuncoatedyellowish   -> uncoatedyellowish FOGRA30L argl
FOGRA28L.txt - ISOwebcoated           -> webcoated FOGRA28L argl
FOGRA40L(?) - SC_paper

SNAP-TR002(?)
SWOP-TR003(?)
SWOP-TR005(?)
GRACoL-TR006(?)

Asia characterisation sets(?)

The characterisation data with a question mark is not clear wether to use
or leave.

Any idea what should or should not be included?
The basic profile set is intented for average computers.