[Openicc] Ghostscript CMS [was: PDF frustration]

Michael Vrhel michael.vrhel at artifex.com
Wed Dec 3 12:32:16 PST 2008

I will need to review what is going on wrt to BPC.  You are correct Gerhard,
that many if not most V2 profiles did a BPC mapping in the profile itself.
At lease that was what the software (Color Savvy) that I worked on years ago
to create V2 profiles.  If there is an option in a PDL to specify that BPC
is needed we will certainly pass that information along.  If there is not,
then we need to think a bit about how to best handle that and any other
special settings that the CMM may have.  This is obviously dependent upon
the CMM and may find its way into the ghostscript API where some structure
of options is setup for the CMM.