[Openicc] SampleICC-1.4.0 for Linux

Max Derhak max.derhak at onyxgfx.com
Mon Jul 6 07:04:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

My main understanding of the difference between the package tha Kai-Uwe
sent out is that the build files were modified.  The source is identical
to the source in the zip file on source forge.  The tar ball that
Kai-Uwe sent out has also been placed on source forge as well.

You are correct in pointing out that there is no significant change log
between 1.3.7 and 1.4.0.  This is an over site on my part as I have been
very busy this past year both attending graduate school (at RIT in color
science) full time as well as working full time.  The following points
(to be included in the next release) outline the changes that were made.

-----------------------

2008-01-22 Rohit Patil/Max Derhak
 * Added CIccCreateXformHintManager to allow for a list of hint object
to be passed
   in at the time of CIccXform creation.
 * Modified PCS adjustment to use a scale and offset in new function
CIccXform::AdjustPCS().
   CIccXform::CheckSrcAbs and CIccXform::CheckDestAbs now use
CIccXform::AdjustPCS()/
 * Hint mechanism can now be used to set up scale and offset values.
 * Added CIccApplyBPCHint and CIccApplyBPC classes in IccApplyBPC.cpp
and IccApplyBPC.h
   to provide optional support for Adobe Black Point Compensation
   - Since BPC is outside the scope of the ICC specifiction, users of
CIccXform::Create
     must define and use a CIccApplyBPCHint object to enable BPC
processing.
   - CIccApplyBPC temporarily instantiates a CIccCmm for the purpose of
finding the black point
     of a profile.
   - Black point processing between two profiles is performed in two
steps.  The first profile's
     black point is mapped to the V4 perceptual black point.  The second
profile maps from the
	 V4 perceptual black point to the second profile's black point.
This allows BPC processing
	 to be performed on a single profile.
 * iccApplyNamedCMM.cpp modified to support BPC using CIccApplyBPC
 * Added CIccProfile::ReadTags() to force all tags to be loaded into
memory. (Used by CIccApplyBPC)
 * CIccTagMultiLocalizedUnicode::Read() now seeks to the end of the last
record at end of the function
 * Added ICC_CBRTF macro that can allow for substitution of cbrtf()
function if it is available
 * Commented several additional functions in IccCmm.cpp
 * Modified WinNT\ApplyProfiles to allow for applying an output profile
to a Lab image file
 * Fixed header in cmyk8bit.txt and cmyk16bit.txt files

2008-12-02 Rohit Patil
 * Added support for Monochrome ICC profile apply

2008-11-24
 * Cleanup of build files for Linux
 * Revised License to version 0.2

Sincerely,