[Openicc] Some questions about ICC Profiles in X

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 02:22:07 PST 2009

Am 04.11.09, 10:02 -0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> 2009/11/4 Graeme Gill <graeme at argyllcms.com>:
>> ArgyllCMS's dispwin does this, creating an _ICC_PROFILE atom containing
>> the profile for each XRandR output.

Oh, it was your suggestion Graeme, to place one _ICC_PROFILE atom per
XRandR output. Sorry, I confused about different properties.

> Using _ICC_PROFILE_LVDS1 or _ICC_PROFILE_68?

The idea is to have exact one atom "_ICC_PROFILE" per XRandR output.
This involves scanning of every output and reading that atom. There are no
atom name variations as used for the root window atom (_ICC_PROFILE_xxx
style).