[Openicc] [Gimp-print-devel] [Printing-architecture] Colour

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 05:07:33 PST 2009

Actually, the only color mode I cannot live without is "No Color
Management", which can also be called "Application Color Management"

All the rest is useful but not essential, and as all the rest can be
counted on to break, but "No color Management" allows any graphics pro
to get good results by color managing upstream.

I know that the big fashion nowadays is to talk about "users" and
"Desktop Linux", but I would like to remind people that Linux got its
good reputation from serious applications that really worked rather
than from zillions of buggy features. If professionals and photo
enthusisasts start being able to use Linux boxes as print drivers with
the GIMP, that will get the color management stuff bootstrapped by
providing a solid motivated userbase.

Edmund