[Openicc] [Gimp-print-devel] [Printing-architecture] Colour

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Nov 15 13:33:46 PST 2009

On Nov 15, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> A lie? As in, an intentionally false statement? That's an interesting assertion. I know for a fact it's possible to print profile targets reliably on Windows. There are other problems on Windows, but reliably printing profile targets and prematching color without ICM becoming involved is not one of them, because it is not aggressively invasive like ColorSync. Those are the problems I'm referring to.

Well, last time *I* tried to print a target on Windows I had the same Epson driver problems that you'll find on Mac OS X - the Epson color controls were still used, making the target print useless.

> There isn't a mechanism for relaying perceived (or real) architectural flaws with Apple. Doing so on bug reporter consistently yields "works as intended" responses from engineering. I know because I've been down that road already.

Well, you can always email Steve Jobs - more than a few issues have been resolved that way. However, if you can send me a list of the bugs you've filed (offline if you wish) I'll be more than happy to investigate on my end...