[Openicc] ICC Profiles in X Specification 0.4

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Thu Mar 25 23:09:40 PDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 10:57 PM, Jon Cruz wrote:

> Oh, and I too am only looking at this from the viewpoint of client applications. I'm not sure what is *really* going on behind the scenes with Apple's X11, but to a client app they get decently implemented multi-monitor reporting that is supported not only by Linux GTK, but also Linux Java. Hitting other boxes and having remote X work is quite nice.

As a quick follow-up I checked on dynamic addition of monitors. I threw up a simple GTK program running on a Linux machine with Ubuntu 8.10. The display was routed (via ssh -XYC) to my box running OS X 10.6.2. When I plugged an external monitor into the Max, the Linux GTK app running on the Linux machine properly saw that I now had two monitors, accurately reporting their size and positional information.