[Openicc] LProf - Add a Regression Analysis Based Monitor Profiling GSOC 2010

Guy K. Kloss g.kloss at massey.ac.nz
Sat Mar 27 12:34:45 PDT 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:18:21 amit kumar wrote:
> The profiling algorithms that Lprof is using now,  are very simple.
> Regression analysis can be used for monitor profiling.
> Any suggestion would be welcomed.

I've got something around here that could be hacked up in an afternoon in
Python using NumPy. Even though in Python, computation is *very* fast as it's
implemented in a highly optimised native C library under the hood. It takes
only a fraction of a second for hundreds of data points for a simple 3-D
affine transformation.

Guy

PS: I should also have a paper on this published soon in The Python Papers
Source Codes

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences