[Openicc] Fedora CM, was: Google Summer of Code . . .

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:18:04 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> Speaking of which, Fedora is doing something related to color management.

No, this is not Fedora, this is a GNOME project, albeit Richard does
work for RedHat.

> But I'm not clear on the difference between their goals and that of Oyranos,

"Which is why Richard started the GNOME Color Manager project with aim,
in his own words, to help 90% of people to do 90% of what they need to do.
Indeed, if you need all the expert options, you'd rather use dispcalGUI for
calibration and profiling and ICC Examin for inspecting profiles."

http://libregraphicsworld.org/articles.php?article_id=11

> It would be unfortunate if there's independent development of the same basic
> structures going on.

This has already been discussed with Richard. He had his reasons not
to go for Oyranos. We were hoping to get him onboard at LGM to discuss
things again, but he won't be able to attend.

Alexandre