[Openicc] Fedora CM, was: Google Summer of Code . . .

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Thu May 20 09:09:51 PDT 2010

On 10-05-20 5:54 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> I've not found a bug in GObject in 5 years of using it. My point was
>> that someone else had already invented an object and type system, and
>> it's already been debugged. Re-inventing the wheel (and forcing people
>> to use your custom object system if they use your library) isn't
>
> There are enough people who avoid GObject completely because of its
> design not just of being C. That you are proficient with GObject is nice
> for you and all who are too. For me it feels more like autotools.
> Nothing which really adresses my points. Code derived from GObject must
> be debuggable, which is hard despite of GObject maybe being bugfree.

It is 2010 and I don't see why this topic is still discussed over and
over again. You don't like GObject? Don't use it ; I don't for the same
reason. You need an object-oriented model? Use C++. It is well
supported, widespread, compatible with C, fast and robust. And you don't
need Qt either.

And yes you can write a library in C++ and only expose a C interface.

Hub