[Openicc] new/old ICC profile package

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Aug 31 14:34:33 PDT 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Richard Hughes wrote:

> Usually AUTHORS is used for people that contribute to the project in a
> substantial way, and not for individual files taken to form a
> collaborative work. That said, different maintainers do things
> differently.

The author is the person who runs 'tar'?  This seems like a flimsy
argument to me, particularly since the work done to create some of
those individual files may dwarf the effort to create the
collaborative work.  Perhaps a special program was written for the
sole purpose of creating that individual file, and if the source code
for that program is not included, then it may be roughly similar to
distributing a binary executable without source code.

I agree with Kai-Uwe that licenses address different issues and a
license intended for executable programs may not be appropriate.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn