[Openicc] ICC meta tag in device profiles

Ann L McCarthy almccart at lexmark.com
Mon Nov 1 10:55:08 PDT 2010

Hi Marti,

As I mentioned before the ICC has already published the spec for this
option.  ICC spec process is that spec changes are voted and approved
individually -- then can sit (perhaps for years) without actually being
pulled into a new version of the parent spec document.  However - this is
only because the parent spec update happens very infrequently.
Incorporating the approved spec change into the parent document does not
have another step of approval. The spec change for dictType and
metadataTag is fully approved now.

Best regards,
Ann McCarthy
Imaging Systems R&D
Lexmark Imaging Solutions Division
Lexmark International, Inc.

marti.maria at littlecms.com
Sent by: openicc-bounces+almccart=lexmark.com at lists.freedesktop.org
10/28/2010 11:50 AM

Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>
cc
OpenICC Liste <openicc at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject
Re: [Openicc] ICC meta tag in device profiles

Quoting Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:

> For me, I need to wait until lcms2 supports the dict type as I'm not
> doing the ICC decoding in GCM internally anymore. Marti, what are your
> plans for adding support for the dict type?

Hi,

I will add the dict type in the core library as soon as ICC would
publish the spec with it. That would be discussed in next ICC
meeting, I think.

Meanwhile you can use a lcms2 plug-in to add this functionality.

Regards
Marti