[Openicc] Control slug for print outs with metadata about colormanagement settings

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon Dec 20 03:38:45 PST 2010

Hello Lai Uwe, hello List
Thanks for your reply.
Lets assume, we have a system with e.g.
1) Oyranos
2) Scribus
3) Ghostscript
4) CUPS
5) Gutenprint

All this parts have to be coordinated for the correct usage of
ICC-profiles and printer driver settings.

So far as I know, we have currently no agreed architecture, for cross
application coordination of color settings and color management
policies. It is currently the user, who decides where to use ICC
profiles and where no conversion should be applied to avoid unwanted
color conversions.

The control slug for the print out with color settings would be a first
step for transparency of colormanagement in the printing chain.
So I would be very glad to get statements from
2) Scribus
3) Ghostscript
4) CUPS
5) Gutenprint

If there is a way to make the current color settings / driver settings
available for generating a control slug (or additional color
configuration page for  print pipeline).

Best regards
Jan-Peter

10407 Berlin -------- mailto:homann at colormanagement.de