[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Sun Jan 16 12:18:18 PST 2011

Hello Richard,
I´m not a developer, so may be my questions are in some cases a little
bit simple:

What is a device ?
for colormanagement in the printing chain, the printer profile has to be
assigned to combination of device/ink, paper and driver settings. How do
you solve this with colord / CUPS ? (predifined CUPS queues for every
combination of (device/ink, paper and driver settings?)

Where to apply the color transformation from source profile to printer
profile ?
- colord ?
- CUPS ?
- OS ?
- Printer driver ?

Where is the rendering intent from source to printer profile specified ?
- colord ?
- CUPS ?
- OS ?
- Printer driver ?

What kind of data format is supported to be colormanaged in the printing
stream ?
- raster only
- PDF ?

If PDF, where are the color transformations for all PDF content parts
applied ?

Control slug possible ?
Is there any way to read, the current colord settings for a CUPS queue,
to create a control slug on the print out, to document the settings from
which the print has been created ?

Best regards
Jan-Peter