[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 01:43:52 PST 2011

On 17 January 2011 03:08, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> I didn't comment on this in my previous remarks, but this is actually
> a very important issue.  Three options simply isn't nearly enough for
> Gutenprint.

Sure, which is why the profile qualifier is free text. We're only
suggesting people use the same three dotted nomenclature that
ColorSync uses, but since we can send a simple regular expression to
colord it's quite possible to support random things like
"RGB.Plain.300dpi.RandomFeature|Length=450"

If such things don't logically belong in the qualifier, but are
instead per-profile or per-device data, then it's really easy to add
another property to the profile interface.

This is one of the main reasons the "profile" is abstracted from being
a simple icc profile filename, in that we needed to tag it with
additional data and perform queries on it.

Richard.