[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 01:15:12 PST 2011

Hi,

On 18/01/11 02:46, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> EXCEPT that in the case of PDF processing, there is NO SUCH THING as "no
> color management".  The standard itself goes into detail about how
> (ICC-based) color management is used as part of the rendering pipeline.
>   For PDF/X (and PDF/A), this is even more significant.

Hmmmm, that's rather worrying actually.  Is there no "escape hatch" of
any kind to ensure that, for instance, pure-black items don't get
converted to a rich black by being run through a needless conversion?
Profiling is far from the only situation where I need a printer to
receive the *exact* CMYK value I specified in the application, and not
some other CMYK combination that, in theory, amounts to the same thing.

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson