[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 18 01:20:26 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 09:53 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> If existing specs would be sufficient for Linux, things would very likely
> have already been solved. I think it was much more work on the Ghostscript
> and Poppler cores and pdftoraster filters, than what was brought up
> recently on the CUPS side. We are still in the specification stage.

If it needs to be done another way, it needs to be fixed in CUPS.

Really, all colord is doing is remembering an association (and some
metadata) between a logical profile and an ICC file.

CUPS is using three options per logical profile.  It is not a colord
restriction -- that will accept free text.  It's just how CUPS uses it,
which is currently modelled on how it uses ColorSync.  A substantial
amount of the code in CUPS is the same regardless of which is used.

If CUPS needs to be doing something different when it uses colord, it
very likely will need to do the same thing differently when using
ColorSync.

Tim.
*/