[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 02:12:07 PST 2011

On 17 January 2011 14:56, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 09:00:52 -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 8:49 AM, edmund ronald <edmundronald at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> My feeling is that it is very important not only to be able to turn
>>> all CMS off for a printer,
>>
> To be even more precise, what we really mean is to turn off all color
> management at the system software level.

This is exactly what I need to do when profiling devices in gnome-color-manager.

To make this possible, I've pushed the following commit:

commit ec3b596b8c0f8feeeed06a8a240cdddc3847a0d4
Author: Richard Hughes <richard at hughsie.com>
Date:   Tue Jan 18 10:05:25 2011 +0000

    Add methods to the daemon to allow device profiling

    When profiling scanners, printers and displays, we have to ensure that
    any other program requesting profiles from colord for a specific
    device is disallowed.

    If the calling program calls ProfilingInhibit() on the device that is
    about to be profiled, then any subsequent calls to GetProfileForQualifier()
    will return no profiles.

    The profiling program either has to exit, or call ProfilingUninhibit() to
    resume normal device profile matching behaviour.

To see the code itself (which may explain how it works :-) take a look
here: http://gitorious.org/colord/master/commit/ec3b596b8c0f8feeeed06a8a240cdddc3847a0d4

Of course, this doesn't deal with the embedded-icc-profile-in-pdf use
case, but allows me to print a simple TIFF document in GCM without any
user-set or default profiles applied for the purposes of
characterization and correction using a ColorMunki.

As usual, comments welcome.

Thanks,

Richard.