[Openicc] Assigning icc profiles to driver settings

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 08:39:01 PST 2011

Jan Peter,

 This a problem which directly concerns all who deal with the print
process. Your position on ICC-related issues has been that there
should not be a direct public engagement of the ICC with outside
developers ; in that context -even as an ICC member - I would say that
it is counterproductive to use an ICC-standardised format for the
various settings values related to setting up a printer.

 Decide whether you want to engage in a public debate before
standardisation, with all parties on an equal footing or whether you
want a private club to run things - but if it is a private club, don't
expect us to follow.

Edmund