[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue Jan 18 14:51:59 PST 2011

Max Derhak wrote:
> RGB values to ink/toner values.  In building a profile for such a system
> you are characterizing a color management system on top of the printing
> system.  The hope is that the color management system is predictable.
> If image based (location dependent) color management is performed you
> loose that predictability.  I think what people are asking for when they
> desire to "turn off color management" is really they want predictable
> color at the point in the color pipeline that they want to build and use
> a profile.

Hi Max,
	the discussion here was around calibrating and profiling printers.
So the question is about how one turns off the normal color management,
to be able to print calibration and profiling test charts. Naturally,
such operations need to be in the native device space (or a close
derivative, depending on how separation is managed), rather than RGB
of some other fake space.