[Openicc] meta data in test chart

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 12:56:51 PST 2011

Hi,

On 21/01/11 02:37, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> Before we talk about representation, I'd like to know what people
> think Gutenprint needs to get involved with here.

Well I guess a lot depends on how we're intending these option bundles
to be handled and used.

What will happen when a user selects one?  Is the PPD updated with the
settings from within the option bundle, or does the bundle get
"installed" somewhere, and merely referenced by the PPD?  Is the PPD
format flexible enough to handle directly such things as calibration curves?

If a Gutenprint client, such as rastertogimpprint can get all the
information it needs, including calibration curves, though the normal
CUPS option system, then Gutenprint can avoid being directly involved
with parsing or writing.

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson