[Openicc] meta data in test chart

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jan 21 16:35:52 PST 2011

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 01:23:49 +0100, edmund ronald wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> * Dimension-related settings:
>>  - Page size
>>  - CD inner and outer radius (I could see counter-arguments here,
>>    particularly for the inner radius)
>>
>> * Paper handling (note that many paper handling options are in scope):
>>  - Input slot
>>  - Duplex
>>  - Full bleed
>
> Input slot is media dependent on many inkjets.

Yes, in some cases, but by no means all.  Some printers may have high
capacity trays as well as single sheet slots (the Epson B500DN, for
example, has laser-type choices).

> Roll paper may need to invoke special code for the cutter maybe?

It does, but I don't see why the user needs a different recipe for
printing to roll paper than to sheet paper.  You select roll or sheet,
the driver does the right thing.