[Openicc] meta data in test chart

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 23:03:37 PST 2011

On 22 January 2011 02:25, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> But the manufacture of ink and paper is always subject to variation. So at any time we can get a change in behavior, and it's usually not predictable. You put the paper in, make a reference print - oh how about that! Time to reprofile! That's about the best case scenario.

Maybe I'm looking at this from a different perspective, specifically
these people: http://www.packagekit.org/pk-profiles.html

Most of these people won't ever change the defaults. Most of these
people won't profile anything. But what I want to allow is Bevan to
buy a ColorMunki, plug it in, print out a reference, scan it in, and
then the printer is "fixed". These kind of people will just re-profile
if they are going to print 400 photos on glossy paper, and probably
just for special occasions.

I know it's a very different use case to the ones you guys and girls
are discussing, but still an important one in my opinion. We just need
to make the common case work out of the box, and the special-case
possible.

Richard