[Openicc] meta data in test chart

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:10:15 PST 2011

Chris,

 Would you mind making some workflow suggestions? Personally, I like
the Mac's idea of choosing a handoff space and having a default
handoff space of sRGB, because it works well for consumers. However it
created an awful mess when their handoff space changed *from*
genericRGB, and so it might be better to go straight to a big handoff
space, maybe with a 16bit default workflow - which Gutenprint can
easily do, but I think Gimp cannot -yet.

 Or maybe one should not have a handoff space at all, and implement
direct conversion, maybe even with an option of computing the gamut of
the source image - which seems to be what Graeme suggests.

 Your suggestions on architecture would be highly appreciated, I
believe, by everyone here.

Edmund