[Openicc] meta data in test chart

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:41:58 PST 2011

Obviously Chris is knowledgable and reasoned so I suggest we do
(mostly) as he says.

In the interests of making his points debatable, I am copying (1)-(6)
to the wiki page here

http://www.wiki-site.com/index.php/Linuxcolor

And, by the way, I think that as long as we agree that we can
color-process according to the type meta-tag in our version of CUPS, I
think exact implementation details do not matter as of today. We can
always special case certain meta-tags later, or add some if we need
them (eg. deviceN to drive an inkjet in its own non-color space)

Of course I have no idea how easy it is to make such coexist with
CUPS. The fact that no one went into CUPS to provide a profiling
method on the Mac is a very bad sign.

Edmund