[Openicc] Print and monitor Color Pipeline

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jan 28 12:31:03 PST 2011

BTW, Photoshop has been doing display compensation in real time on comparatively piss poor hardware with no discernible performance lag since Photoshop 5, which was released in 1998.

Now video is another matter. But color handling in video I think is pretty f'd up, mostly because of its analog roots. But now we appear to have a lot of very unclear specifications on how color is supposed to be encoded when there are conflicts between codec and wrappers and players, and display technologies, etc.

I don't know what Apple is doing differently than other companies, but I'm seeing a wide assortment of video that has always looked different on various displays (computer and TVs), but now with the Apple TV and iTunes virtually dead nuts between displays including from a wide gamut display to a TV. Shocking.

Chris Murphy