[Openicc] Linux CM ideology, was: meta data in test chart

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Fri Jan 28 16:40:07 PST 2011

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Agreed, applications which need the native gamut to work should actively
> opt-out.
> For calibration and profiling exist two paths to do properly. Use the
> opt-out capabilities of libXcm[1] specified in the net-color spec[2] or
> switch CompICC manually off.

I'm prepared to put the necessary bits in to work with the net-color spec,
if it's generally agreed that that is the signaling mechanism for such forms
of opt out color management on X. What I don't want to do is to
be constantly playing catch up, every time someone invents yet another
X11 opt out color management system. This would be far too much like
the situation with X screen savers!! :-( :-(