[Openicc] Print and monitor Color Pipeline

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jan 28 19:03:14 PST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 6:01 PM, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Chris Murphy wrote:
>> I don't know what Apple is doing differently than other companies, but I'm seeing a wide
>> assortment of video that has always looked different on various displays (computer and TVs), but
>> now with the Apple TV and iTunes virtually dead nuts between displays including from a wide gamut
>> display to a TV. Shocking.
>
> Complete control over both the hardware and software.
> That lets you solve problems.

Nooo. Not their displays, and not their television at all. The only thing that's their software and hardware is the AppleTV box itself and the software it runs. The displays are NEC, Mitsubishi and Sony. Somehow they've figured out how all these formats are color encoded and they're doing something that just works.